World of DevilCp!!!

Friday, October 10, 2008

Overcome the tyranny of the urgent.

Every felt like you check off one of your to-do's just to add two more to the list? Most of our lives are lived according to the urgent things that have to be done NOW. I have to admit that I have been that way for certain time to time. It is easy to get lost in the now and not see the tomorrow. There are a few things that I am going to do to try to save myself from this tyrannical taskmaster:

  1. Remind myself that I'm not alone in this world. Whenver we feel overwhelmed we also feel isolated and alone. It is important to remember that our love ones is with us in this life, calm seas or category 5 hurricanes.
  2. Attack the weakest link. We see the shows on the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet where a lion observes a hurd of cape buffalo and looks to identify the weakest animal in the herd. The weakest link becomes his mark. By attacking the task that is least challenging to us we can eliminate it from our to-do list and feel a sense of accomplishment. The sense of accomplishment is what helps us to be motivated to attack the next task.
  3. Pace myself. It won't all get done today but I know that it will get done. Consistency is the mark of champions.

No comments:

I Support NuffNang!!

DevilCp Logical Thinking: ... Coming together is the beginning, Keeping together is the process, Staying together is SUCCESS!!! "To be or not to be, the answer lay within your heart. I am who I am to be by your side. Don't have to ask why, Cuz I'm always here to protect my loves one, till the last day of my life. As long as I'm needed, I'll be there. As then, come what may..... "